Re: Translations lost on upgrade to KDE4

Patrice Pillot a écrit :
> tv.debian@googlemail.com a écrit :
>> Ana Guerrero wrote:
>>> install kde-l10n-fr
>> that's going to work for kde4 apps only, for kde3 you have to backport
>
> I thought about it but what I expect some file conflicts by installing
> old kde-i18n-**. I'm pretty sure cherrypicking through the *.mo file
> should be sufficient, shouldn't it ?

Replying to myself...
I just tried that, putting lenny's
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/kdelibs.mo alongside squeeze's
/usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/kdelibs4.mo and it seems it just works
(et least with kspread which is the application where the localized
dates and number formatting missed me particularly).

If there is no objection from the maintainers on this list I will file a
bug tomorrow against kde-standard - I can't think about a more
appropriate package since kde-l10n-** packages don't have rdepends at
all and I don't feel like filing against each and every of those ;-)

pp