Re: KDE broken in debian-testing-amd64-kde-isocd install

On Monday 25 May 2009 11:34:11 LASZLO Vigh wrote:
> Dear everyone,
> i have a feeling this aint the right list for this kind of problems, but i
> couldn't find any better.
> I downloaded
> debian-testing-amd64-kde-CD-1.iso<http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-
>builds/amd64/iso-cd/debian-testing-amd64-kde-CD-1.iso> 18-May-2009 11:08,
> selected "Desktop environment" during setup, and i got no kde (no 3.5, no
> 4.2). Then i tried to manuly apt-get install kde from the cdrom, which
> ended up in a non-working, broken kde.
> I've been using debian and kde for a while now, and still dont know what to
> do.
> Please tell me what you think
>
> Cheers, Laszlo
Make sure your sources.list point to online repositories and then install kde
by choosing one of the following:
kde-minimal
kde-standard
kde-full

The most likely cause for the errors is that around the 18th of May kde4 moved
to testing, so you probably had a mismatch between expected/available on cd
and what was available in the online repos.