Re: printing in kde4

Dietz Pröpper wrote:
Lorenzo Bettini:
Modestas Vainius wrote:
Hello,

On 2009 m. May 5 d., Tuesday 18:12:32 Dietz Pröpper wrote:
But to rephrase my question - to put it straight, I want to have a
way to add some pseudo printer to the KDE printing dialog that allows
me to add custom filters, redirect the printing output to some other
program and so on.
This is not possible. kdeprint is gone and we have (crappy) basic Qt
printing system in its place.
there's a huge step back... are they planning to have a new kdeprint
like application in kde4?

I'd think that supplying a new on can't be such a big deal, at least if the Qt printing system allows something like directly pushing postscript to the backend.

but it looks like it isn't planned, at least they didn't feel the urge to put this in the first releases?

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net