Re: printing in kde4

Alle Tuesday 05 May 2009, Dietz Pröpper ha scritto:
> Valerio Passini:
> > Alle Monday 04 May 2009, Dietz Pröpper ha scritto:
> > > Frank Störzer:

> > > Unfortunately, that package only contains some semi-working python
> > > config ui for the cups server :-\.
> >
> > Once you have added and configured a printer, no matter which tool you
> > use to do it, you have that printer in every application.
>
> *Sigh*. Thanks alot, I already knew.
>
> But my question was, where can I configure the *KDE* printing system. More
> specifically, how can I add/modify "special" printers like "print to
> file(PDF)" and so on.

You should add a pdf printer to CUPS. First install cups-pdf, then select the right printer in the configuration dialog. I think you can use system-config-printer-kde (warning! sometimes it freezes and do sudo to call the program) -> click New Printer in the left panel.
Then click New Printer in the right panel and follow the instructions.
For pdf printer is obvious, but when it comes to driver select generic.
Hope this is enough