RE: KDE4 in unstable

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 09:39:19AM +0200, Daniel Sutil wrote:
> I think that in the page: http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4.html there
> is an error. Where it says:
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main
>
> It must say
>
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ usntable main
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main
>

> I think so....

Did you read the whole page? :)

No, I really don't read the whole page :-) Anybody reads the whole pages? :-)

Sorry for the mistake.

quote:

KDE 4.2 requires some software that is not available in the Debian 5.0 "lenny"
release. Therefore, it can only be installed on systems using the unstable
branches. Also, we recommend you to keep testing branch, it will ease you the
pain with broken installations when there is transitions going on in unstable.

 deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main
 deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main
 deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main
 deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main

BTW, better wording welcome, i did write that in abit of a hurry.

ana

--
Un saludo,

Daniel Sutil