Re: [ANN] New metapackages layout

Ana Guerrero wrote:

> kde-standard:  it is a new package, currently it is the same than
> kde-minimal.
>                The goal of this package is installing what a ramdom user
>                would
> expect in a desktop enviroment. The meta-package will
> contain this, as soon as we agree in what it should ship. :)
>
> The recommends method of installations is use "kde-minimal" and then use
> the apps you need/want.
> kde-standard will be for totally newbies users, that want a bit of
> everything in the beginning when they do not know what apps there are.
> With time they will learn what packages they want/need and just install
> them.

Why not copy for kde-standard the Kubuntu desktop with just a change of the
kubuntu branding for a Debian one ?

Newbies could benefit from the vast pool of documentation available on the
Web for Kubuntu.

One can argue forever on what a good default is. Last time, I tried Kubuntu,
I found it OK. Opensuse has also a nice default configuration.

Cheers,
Charles

--
http://www.kde-france.org