Re: KMail (KDE 4.2.2) indexing? again and again

Tim Rühsen wrote:

>> If you have defined search folders eliminate them and check if you still
>> experience problems.
>
> I just removed an older 'Last Search' with two entries.
> I give feedback to the list in a few days.

Just to add, I didn't have any Searches defined. But still I got the memory
leak. Interestingly, when run under valgrind, it reported that there was no
leak, while at the same time the ps reports were showing kmail eating 80% of
system memory.

Since I use D-IMAP and a bunch of POP accounts, I lost emails. Because POP
accounts download the emails and then once in a day I was syncing them to my
IMAP server using D-IMAP.
I lost some mails. :-(

So I moved out to fdm. This helps me use alpine in situations when kmail
breaks. Be it memory leaks or crashes. This way I can still reliably access
my emails and not worry about email loss.

PS: fdm is in Debian and I strongly recommend it.

Ritesh
--
If possible, Please CC me when replying. I'm not subscribed to the list.