Re: Pin to keep kde3.5.9?

El Domingo, 12 de Abril de 2009, Jan De Luyck escribió:
> Hello,
>
> After several unsuccessful tries... does anyone know what I have to
> pin/hold to keep KDE 3.5.9 instead of 4.2.2 in unstable?

That depends on which parts of KDE 3.5 do you want to keep. Can you be more
specific? If you want to keep all KDE based applications on the old version,
you will have to hold them individually, AFAIK, because I don't think it's
possible to keep on hold a not-installed package (if that were possible, you
could hold kdelibs5).

However, I strongly recommend you to give a try to at least some KDE 4
applications, even if you keep the old desktop. You can very safely upgrade
one, test it, and go back to the previous version if you find something
unbearable.

All the trivial or non-critical ones I've tried work the same, or even better
(e.g. kcharselect, ksnapshot). The games and educational apps work very well,
too. KTorrent, Okular, Dolphin are awesome additions, and are rock solid to
me. JuK and KNotes have glitches, but are perfectly usable, and I prefer to
suffer the bugs so I can report them and make sure that are fixed, that hide
the problem under the carpet. :-)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2