Re: Debian Lenny for the PPC (Iceweasel Misbehaves)

On Mié 08 Abr 2009 22:07:37 Irena & Richard Jenkins escribió:
> Not sure of the problem here, but Iceweasel has refused to start.  Tried
> de-installing and re-installing ... with no improvement.  I am left with
> Konqueror.  However, I need Iceweasel or something similar to speak with my
> bank, etc.  Is this a known hiccup, for the ppc install ... or are
> work-arounds available?  I did try running as 'root' ... but there are
> issues with getting that to happen too.  Am I reduced to downloading
> Opera?? Iceweasel promises to be much faster.  Maybe someone has working
> ppc debs for 'Skipstone'??
>
> Richard

Richard: that's clearly not a KDE related bug. I really don't know were you
should ask, perhaps the iceweasel maintainers have a list like this, but I'm
afraid I really don't know :-(

Tip: have you tried to open iceweasel from a console?

Another Tip: give arora a try. It may not fullfil your requirements now, but I
think you will like it :-)

Regards, Lisandro.

--
 1: Una computadora sirve:
    * Para tratar de dominar el mundo, un caso conocido de esto fue el de

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/