python-qt4 broken, help appreciated

Hello list,
python-qt4 and python-sip4 builds are currently broken on i386 and after upgrading to KDE4.4.2 the current python-qt4 package wouldn't work anymore. Ways around this problem I currently see are (only reasonable ones):
- downgrade to kde4.4.1
- using Ubuntu packages
- building myself

All three of them will be surely break something apart from taking a lot of time; the Ubuntu solution which worked for me so far now requires qt4.5, which would pull in experimental.
Several programs depending on python-qt4 now are broken, which really urges me to find a solution.

On a side note: could the Debian-Kde release team please consider packaging python-qt4 and python-kde4 at the same time as new versions of Qt/KDE get released? This is the third time in a row this breaks for me in half a year and makes the Python packages second-class citizens.

Best strategies appreciated,
Christoph