Re: [ANN] KDE 4.2 moving to unstable *this* week

On Monday 06 April 2009 15:22:02 Manolete, ese artista... wrote:
> Well, paraphrasing Socrates I'd say that in the "fair medium" (or whatever
> it is in English) is the virtue. I think most users ask only because many
> times those info omissions don't seem to do any good at all, but involve
> this packaging process into an "obscure" atmosphere where no one but
> packagers know what is happening and what fate has in store for us, mortal
> users.

For goodness sake!  I would expect a two year old to show more patience when
waiting for a sweetie.  You were told that 4.2.2 would make it to Sid soon -
I think that this week was mentioned.  That should be enough.

If you want timed releases, switch to Ubuntu.  I think Ubuntu tells you not
only the date but also the time of day.  The developers here (unlike some of
those at Ubuntu) are voluteers and are not paid.  They develop for the love
of it.  They are not our servants to be driven by slave drivers.  I _like_
the Debian development model.  I like the choice of old stable, stable,
testing, Sid and experimental.  I am grateful for the marvellous job done by
the developers.

The developers have better things to do with their time than answer
endless "Are we there yet?"s from the rest of us.

If you can't stop yourself fidgetting, get some worry beads.

My 2p.
Lisi