Re: [ANN] KDE 4.2 moving to unstable *this* week

David Goodenough wrote:
On Tuesday 31 March 2009, David Baron wrote:
 Great news, thanks for all Your hard work!
/Magnus
Those are indeed fantastic news! Thanks to all KDE team in Debian!
Yes, fantastic and long-awaited.

Be it known that current kdepim family packages have broken dependencies
relating the gnokii stuff, been so for a while now.

As far as I can see that got fixed a few weeks ago. I have successfully installed all of kde4 from experimental on a newly installed sid system,
and it all installs completely.

David

There are still some quirks. If you already installed KDE4 from experimental, and have been upgrading/updating in pieces ever since, apt-get/aptitude/synaptic can be quite stubborn about it. I found it necessary to remove every trace of KDE, and some unrelated things as well, and then reinstall from scratch. This is especially true if somehow you ended up with bits of slightly different editions, such as something from backports. (No surprise about troubles from that, of course.)

Mark Allums