Re: Debian 5 with kde 3.5 (basic install)

On Monday 09 March 2009 09:49:31 ddkconsultancy@gmail.com wrote:
> many thanks for your responses.
> Debian 5 is released with KDE3.5 but seems without support any more
> pity, but ce la vie :-)

I don't believe this to be the case.  Upstream may not be supporting
KDE 3.5 anymore, but by including it in stable/main, Debian has
committed to the standard level of support for KDE 3.5 throughout the
lifetime of Lenny.

Now, this does mean that "normal" level bugs aren't fixed, but that
is true of any package in stable.  Only "severe" and "grave" bugs are
fixed and only as part of announced updates.  Security bugs are fixed
as they are found, if you include the security repository.

I can't directly support KDE 3.5 on the mailing list, but that's only
because I do not have a KDE 3.5 installation anymore.