Re: [KDE4.2] Google gadgets and a silly question

Alle domenica 08 febbraio 2009, Valerio Passini ha scritto:
> Hi All,
>
> Has someone been able to make work the gadgets that you can download
> directly from google? I have just played  a little with them but without
> any success. Another question is how do I uninstall downloaded application?
> They generally appear in the plasma menu, but I can't found a way to remove
> them.
> Last silly unrelated question: there is one visual effect inherited by KDE
> 3 that I don't like. This effect shows a giant icon of the running
> application when you move the mouse over the bar on the bottom of the
> screen (I believe it is called "plasma panel"). In the old KDE was easy to
> modify this effect, is it possible to do the same with KDE4.2? Thank you
>
> Valerio

I have found that it's possible to uninstall applications removing the right files in
.kde4/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids
and .kde4/share/kde4/services
I have also trashed this file: .kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc, but I'm not completely sure if
it's necessary.
Regarding the last question, it's possible to gain access to the right option right clicking the
mouse over the "Task manager" bar. It's more intuitive if you are new to KDE, but if you are an old
user...