Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] login problems after yesterdays upgrade

David Baron wrote:
On Thursday 20 November 2008 13:42:27 Grammostola Rosea wrote:
Hi,

I'm using kde4.1 backports for a while now in Debian lenny. Yesterday
there was a update.

But now I'm not able to log in anymore.

When it boots it comes in kdm, but when I log in, the screen is flashing
but kde is not started, it jumps back to kdm.

When I do a konsole login and after that, startx. I enter Openbox (which
I have also installed) instead of kde4...

I can't see any error messages..

What can be the problem here?

Thanks in advance,

\r
The new kdm depends on consolekit though the package does not call this out. So either install that package or downgrade kdm.

Ok thanks, solved it.