Re: KDE 4.2

Le lundi 17 novembre 2008 22:27:05 Sune Vuorela, vous avez écrit :
> On 2008-11-17, Arnout Boelens <aboelens@engin.umass.edu> wrote:
> > I have a question for the KDE packagers. What will be the version of KDE
> > 4 = in=20
> > experimental when KDE 4.2 beta 1 comes out? Will this version be
> > uploaded, = or=20
> > will the version of KDE in experimental be KDE 4.1.x untill KDE 4.2 final
> > i= s=20
> > released?
>
> This is your chance to influence the decision, but I think it is very
> probably will end up that way (unless lenny is released first)

Can we keep 4.1.x and have some backports of 4.2 ?
For example, 4.1 lack power management. Powerdevil is part of 4.2 but the
author maintain a port for 4.1 in playground (and someone has done a Debian
package, see the comments on http://kde-
apps.org/content/show.php?content=85078&forumpage=2 ).

regards
xavier