Re: Status of kdebluetooth4

Christoph Burgmer wrote:
Are there any plans to package kdebluetooth4 in the future? I found RFP #491580 and a ubuntu package kdebluetooth 1:0.2-0ubuntu2 [1].

The KDE 3 package is not working under KDE 4 as it needs the kio client for Konqueror.

In a similar vein, exporting contacts from kaddressbook via bluetooth yields the error message "gnokii ist not configured" or some such although gnokii as a standalone program does work. I was thinking of using the KDE3.5.9 package of kaddressbook (which, btw, on the way from Etch to Lenny lost it's "export to mobile phone" menu entry) but this sounds like I can spare myself the trouble of trying it.

Would I have to compile kdebluetooth for KDE4 to be able to use it with kaddressbook? I tried once but compiling stopped with some error message and I did not bother any further. Are there any very inofficial packages somewhere? Would the Ubuntu one work on a sid box?

Regards,

Andreas