Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] [BUG] Dependency problem with 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 upgrade

Dear Richard, dear list,

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:22:16AM +0200, Richard Scherping wrote:

> There is no problem in waiting for a complete 4.1.2 backport, of course - but it is a problem to have 4.1.2 "halfway" uploaded to the kde4.debian.net repository, as it keeps packaging information in a broken state for a couple of days now. This is quite annoying as it prevents a regular "aptitude full-upgrade".
>
> I know that there is no other chance than to wait for a working Qt backport NOW, but I really dislike that broken state and hope that uploads will be done when working and not beforehand IN FUTURE. That is why I am grousing here ;-)

Have to say I have learn something important this last week thank you (or
because the backports). After 4.1.3 release, if i takes me 3 weeks after the
release find the time to look carefully at making the backports (or more),
they will need 3 weeks to be done. Even I have stated clearly from the
beginning in the kde4.debian.net website that backports would need at least
a couple of weeks to be made after the release, my inbox is flooded with
request and question about it like 2-3 days after the release about an ETA.
And this time i gave up to the pressure. My mistake.

Richard, even if you raise valid points in your email, it is very annoying
for me the way you did it and specially the use of CAPITAL LETTERS.

Ana