Re: [KDE 4.1 backports] [BUG] Dependency problem with 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 upgrade

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 01:34:41PM +0200, Richard Scherping wrote:
> Hello list,
> hello Ana!
>
> Recently KDE4 packages in kde4.debian.net seem to have been updated from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2. Unfortunately they now depend on Qt4 >= 4.4.3, which is available in Sid, but NOT in Lenny. As these backports are made explicitely for Lenny, this is odd.
> If the new Qt4 version (4.4.3 compared to 4.4.0, which is in Lenny) is really needed for KDE 4.1.2, this release should not have been backported.
> If Qt4 4.4.0 is still OK (I do not have the time to test that unfortunately), please change the depencies.

Qt 4.4.3 is on its way to be backported as well.
if you look at http://kde4.debian.net you will see backports for 4.1.2 has not
been announced yet. The reason is backports are not finished =)
I meant to have this ready a couple of days, but then hit in some problems
syncing the secondary mirror and real life stuff.
So please, patience.

Ana