Re: Why KDE4 ktorrent in Lenny?

Mike Bird wrote:
> On Wed September 24 2008 04:48:36 Alejandro Exojo wrote:
>> El Martes, 23 de Septiembre de 2008, Mike Bird escribió:
>>> See below for my Lenny KDE packages.  What differences do you see
>>> between this and the systems where you tested ktorrent 3 with Lenny's
>>> KDE 3?  Is it possible that ktorrent 3 does not work with KDE 3?
>> It _does_ work, and as said in the thread, should work perfectly.
>
> Please post your "dpkg -l | grep kde" from a working Lenny KDE 3.
> I've already posted mine[1].
>
> Thus far people asserting that it works have actually been running KDE 4
> and/or Sid.  The question is whether Lenny's default ktorrent 3 works
> with Lenny's default KDE 3.5.9 using only the parts of Lenny's KDE 4
> brought in by ktorrent 3's dependencies.

Hi Mike,

I've been running a pure KDE3 up until now and got curious. Pretty
standard, nothing special

This is what I got when installing ktorrent:

  kde-icons-oxygen{a} kdebase-runtime{a} kdebase-runtime-bin-kde4{a}
kdebase-runtime-data{a} kdelibs-bin{a} kdelibs5{a}
  kdelibs5-data{a} ktorrent libphonon4{a} libqca2{a} libsoprano4{a}
libstreamanalyzer0{a} libstreams0{a} libstrigiqtdbusclient0{a}
  phonon{a} phonon-backend-xine{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  kdebase-bin-kde3{a}

Running ktorrent after that worked perfectly fine.

I can only suggest what others have already said, that you'll probably
have a misconfigured system.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?