Re: multiple konsole windows

On Friday 12 September 2008, Dominik Schulz wrote:
> Am Freitag, 12. September 2008 06:03:22 schrieb John Schmidt:
> > I just installed kde 4.1 from experimental and have observed the
> > following. If I open up various applications and then log out and log
> > back in, some of the applications that were open previously are not
> > automatically started back up.  Specifically, if I open an instance of
> > iceweasel, it does not start back up.  In addition, if I have multiple
> > konsole windows opened, only one of the windows is remembered when
> > logging back in.
> >
> > Have others observed this same behavior and are there any work arounds?
>
> I have observed the same behaviour on my system (KDE 4.1 from lenny-
> backports).

To follow up after looking at some bug reports on konsole in KDE 4.1, I
understand that session saving/restoration is being worked on but is not at
the same state it was in the KDE 3.5.x series.  Evidently there is a new
session state saving/restoration in 4.x that is integrated into various
components at various levels of completeness (at least as compared to 3.5.x
behavior).

John Schmidt