multiple konsole windows

Hi,

I just installed kde 4.1 from experimental and have observed the following.
If I open up various applications and then log out and log back in, some of
the applications that were open previously are not automatically started back
up.  Specifically, if I open an instance of iceweasel, it does not start back
up.  In addition, if I have multiple konsole windows opened, only one of the
windows is remembered when logging back in.

Have others observed this same behavior and are there any work arounds?

Note:  I created a test user and tried the above experiments and had the same
problems.

Thanks,

John Schmidt