Re: Kstars hardware control in KDE 4.1 packages.

On 2008-07-24, Gerrit Jan baarda <gjbaarda@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone know what the status of the experimental KDE4.1 packages is with
> regards to kstars (indi) telescope hardware control?
>
> I recently installed KDE 4.1 from experimental and I wanted to use kstars to
> control my telescope. This used to work fine in the 3.5.x series.
>
> With the kstars/indi (4:4.0.98-1) in KDE 4.1RC as available in experimental
> today I cannot get any hardware to work. Kstars hangs when searching for the
> serial interface telescope wizzard. Also my web cam does not show up in the
> Indi device list, it used to be under the video capture devices, but now no
> capture devices show up at all.
>
> I have looked in the upstream developers list archives and I haven't found
> similar problems mentioned there, so it could be:
>
> 1. Me doing something stupid :)
> 2. A problem with the current debian package.
> 3. An upstream problem that is not been flagged up to the upstream developers.
>
> I would like to see kstars working again so I would appreciate some help
> here...

Hi!

At least (parts) of the indi stuff gets built and installed during the
packaging.  I don't have any ways to test it myself (I think).

But it could be all three of it. Unfortunately, debugging is much up to
you (or other interested peoples), but if you track it down to 2), I
will like to help getting fixed packages available asap.

/Sune