Re: TeXing in KDE4: okular and inverse search (dvi)

Felix,

I have asked to one of the okular developers and:
- the implementation is about ~95% done
- you must shift+LMB (Left Mouse Button)
- you must configure an editor in okular
- and the "problem" is that kdvi search, from you have clicked the
near "retrolink" and jump to it, okular _only_ jump to it if you click over
the retrolink.

Regards,

Leo

A Dimecres 30 Abril 2008, Felix Homann va escriure:
> Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > kdvi and kde4 working here.
>
> Uuups, sorry for spreading misinformation.
>
> > I am running sid plus kde4 from experimental. Are
> > there any error messages on our side? I just installed kdvi using
> > aptitude.
>
> I didn't try this time. Last time, kdvi wouldn't go hand in hand with
> KDE4. Since I'm TeXing almost everyday, KDE4 wasn't an option for me
> then. Getting back to KDE3 (cleanly) was that easy either. So I was
> reluctant to try it again without knowing how to use kdvi or a
> inverse-search capable Okular.
>
> I'll give it a try again on the weekend.
>
> > On the other hand you can use pdflatex but for shure, you know that. So
> > you might have reasons to use the dvi driver.
>
> Yes, I know. Reasons to use dvi are
>
> 1. I've got way too many .eps files. Why should I bother converting them
> all to pdf? (I tend to produce pdf and eps graphics in parallel now for
> a while)
> 2. My Emacs is nicely set up for working together with kdvi. I don't
> know how to achieve the same using Okular/pdfsync.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Felix

Linux User 152692
PGP: 0xF944807E