Re: Amarok on etch

Hi,

2008 m. February 12 d., Tuesday, Modestas Vainius rašė:
> I'll see what I can do but not before 1.4.8-2 (which is not even in
> unstable yet) or later enters testing.
So 1.4.9.1 has entered testing recently. You will find the etch backport (with
a few features missing though) of it for i386 and amd64 in the following
repository:

deb http://alioth.debian.org/~modax-guest/amarok-etch/ ./

Please note that you need backports.org repository in
your /etc/apt/sources.list in order to install and use this backport. Due to
unavailability of libkarma-dev and libmtp-dev on etch (neither proper neither
backports), respective features (Rio Karma music player and Media Transfer
Protocol (MTP) support) have been disabled in this build. Currently I do not
have plans to backport these dependencies as I don't maintain them.

Backport of yauap, a dependency of amarok-engine-yauap, is available in the
repository above too.

This backport of amarok might eventually be uploaded to backports.org if I
receive positive feedback about it. Consider this backport official.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>