Re: [debian-kde] Re: crash with kde4 experimental

On Thursday 24 April 2008 00:08:52 Wolfgang Mader wrote:
> > Another thing: most of the time, I don't have background with kdm.
>
> dito
>
> Wolfgang

I have not had the crash but I do lack the background. Problem is apparently
that kdm does not request a repaint when it comes up (or does not invalidate
the whole screen area in Windows parlance). If one exercises any menu or
after logging in, background does appear in the areas that had been
"covered".

Do control-alt-F1, then alt-F7 and guess what? Full background since this
operation apparently does the invalidation or repaint request.