Re: Kontact, K3B Amarok 2?

On Wednesday, 23 April 2008 2:19 am, Carlos Alvarez wrote:
> Kontact 4.0.70, K3B 1.95 and Amarok 2 Alpha are available
> for Opensuse. Can we expect the same from Debian soon?
>
> Cheers

Hold on, I have K3B on my Etch system. SuSE combined various
items and called it Kontact. Similarly to Kinternet is also a SuSE
thing. As far as a music player is concerned I prefer XMMS over
Amarok. The lack of it in SuSE 10.3 is one of many thing I found
disappointing that version when I made the move to it.

If you downloaded only one of the disks and installed from that
this may be why you are lacking certain items. You can either
go to the debian site of search for your favorite packages there:

http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

or download the other 2 (DVDs) and have the system include
those so you can have the whole distro available to you.

If you are using SuSE 10.1 of later try giving a Debian a chance.
I made the move after loading SuSE 10.3. I find Debian to be a
nicely put together system. (Much better than SuSE 10.3)

Hope this helps in some way.

--
Best Regards
Walt L. Williams