Re: Important for KDE 4 users: KDE 4.0.3 and KDE 4.1 trunk

Hi,

thanks for the reply

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 09:08:44AM +0200, Christophe Prud'homme wrote:
>  > Ana, and the other kde debian devs
>  >
>  > thanks for packaging 4.0.67.
>  > Upgrading from 4.0.2 worked fine except for some conflict between
>  > cervisia and lokalize (the cervisia icon is shared by both)
>  > Also the extragear/plasma applets are missing.
>  > what are the plans now for 4.0.xx (xx > 67) packages ? are you
>  > planning regular updates ? weekly, every too weeks, monthly?
>  >

>  Those conflict you talk about (and some others), are already fixed.
>  I am currently waiting qt 4.4 rc1 enters in unstable (luckily today or
>  tomorrow), to push a new snapshot in experimental that will be ok to use,
>  at least way more tested that the currently uploaded one...
>  then we'll upload a new extragear-plasma package and udpate some others
>  like yakuake.
Ok great!

>  > are there any official 4.1 snapshots? I got his link from Google
>  > Reader to D. Mueller blog
>  > http://wire.dattitu.de/archives/2008/03/28/37.html
>
>  Yes, but there are not much difference between working with dirk's snapshot
>  and making our own snapshots. When we did upload this first 4.1 snapshot,
>  "official" one was like 5 days old so i made a new one. In the future I would
>  like to try to align upload with this official-ish snapshot becuase it helps
>  better to tracks bug on upstream. But I can not promise we will end doing this,
>  thought. (Indicating svn revision imho suits this too).
>
>  There will be a mail when KDE 4.1 packages are nice for wide use, until then,
>  unless you are feeling adventurous, i would stick with KDE 3.5.9 (or 4.0.2 that
>  is not in the archive anymore..)
too late ;)

is there anything not too time consuming to do to help ? (join the
developer list?)
I have my own debian projects to handle but I can surely help a little
bit with kde 4.1 packaging/testing

Best regards
C.