Color of selected text

I've set up my color scheme so that the background color for selected
text is #ffdd76. The color of the selected text itself should be black
(#000000) and that's what I've set in Control Center > Colors. But
whatever I do to that setting, it is completely without effect.

I'm looking at selected text in KMail and Knode. Even in Kate, where a
separate setting for selected background exists, the normally black
text is switched to white when it is selected.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig