Re: Fish (ssh) kioslave doesn't work

On Sunday 16 December 2007, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> Hi.
>
> It's been a lot of time since my fish kioslave stopped working. I thought
> it could be a temporary problem that would be fixed in a upgrade, but it
> hasn't changed in months. Since there are no bug reports about it that I
> could find, I suppose is a problem only in my system. I've tried with a
> self-compiled KDE 4, and the problem is the same: I've got a blank page
> with the message:
>
> An error occurred while loading fish://localhost:
> The process for the fish://localhost protocol died unexpectedly.
>
> Any ideas are very wellcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.

I had this problem and if I recall correctly that I went to /tmp and started
cleaning out with anything related to kde.  I believe that started to do
this, since there was some error logs related to fish that I started to look
through that led me to the /tmp issue.  I did this from the console outside
of the kde environment.  Once I did that, my fish problems went away.

John Schmidt