Konqueror navigation bar tabs -- inconsistencies

There are two users set up in the same P4 etch box, both of which use KDE, including Konqueror. However the navigation bar tabs are different for each one. User K has the following: Bookmarks, History, Home Folder, Network, Root Folder, and Services. User D has all the foregoing plus System as the last one.

Furthermore, in Services neither user has LAN Browser, which according to Chapter 7 of the Konqueror Handbook is an available option. While both users have under Services the Devices option, selecting it opens a small window which says "Protocol not supported".

To the navigation tab bar I would like to

1) add the System tab where it does not exist (K user);

2) add to the Services tab the LAN browser; and

3)  provide the protocol to make the Services -> Devices option operational.

By right-clicking on the vacant area of the navigation tab bar I tried to make these additions, as the Konqueror Handbook implies can be done that way, but was unsuccessful. If these additions are possible I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make them.

			Regards,

				Ken Heard