KDE for Etch

Nate Duehr wrote:

On Nov 7, 2007, at 7:22 PM, Henry keultjes wrote:

Nate Duehr wrote:

History has shown that what you "need" and what the Debian hive-mind of developers want to do, are often two very different things. :-)

Luckily, sometimes that is NOT the case. But in the case of Gnome vs KDE... I doubt the Debian developers can come to any reasonable consensus.

You can follow the fun on debian-devel and search the archives if you're REALLY bored.

This http://live.debian.net/cdimage/release/4.0_r0-rc1/i386/iso-cd/ link seems to be ample proof that Debian is just as interested in KDE as in Gnome so adding HDD install benefits Debian with whatever the desktop is.

So why not help us out, take advantage of the GPL and take the code for the HDD install from SuSE's new live CD?

You asking me? I'm not a Debian developer. Or are you just asking the group at large, hoping a dev is listening?

Indeed, that's what I am hoping for, that the same developers who did
the live cd's will learn of my urgent wishes for teaching purposes and
add the HDD install function.  So those of you who may know who those
developers are, please forward this because I don't want to post to a
dev list.

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA