Re: KDE for Etch

On Thursday 08 November 2007, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:

> I don't think you can consider this a 'grave' bug (and I know the d-i
> people won't). This is a question of what the correct default is, it's not
> actually breakage -> unless somebody gets on the case this issue is likely
> to linger.

Well, it is missing the necessary desktop selection all previous installers
provided. I consider such a regression a grave bug. Currently it is not
possible to do a Debian desktop installation, despite the installer
suggesting it can.

> AFAIK space constraints on the install CD also make it more complicated
> than 'just install them all', though that probably is an option for the DVD
> images.

Installing them all would only be a workaround for the missing installer
option. Obviously this would not be a real fix, but still better than
installing Debian on a new machine and not getting into your desktop despite
telling the installer you wanted it.

Cheers,
Kevin