KDE for Etch

Sune Vuorela wrote:
On 2007-11-07, Henry keultjes <hbkeultjes@earthlink.net> wrote:
Curt Howland wrote:
It's too bad that the option to install KDE is so far back from the point of obvious choice, and that the only place I've seen the "expert tasks="standard, kde-desktop"" is in posts telling me, now Philip, what we should have done.

Until tasksel has "desktop-Gnome" and "desktop-KDE" as separate options, I will be stuck with seeminglt endless dselect sessions.
That will be resolved if this http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde4livecd.html  becomes HDD installable as I have requested.

I don't think there will be any progress on this.

What makes you believe so? If non-techie Debian advocates like myself are to become more effective we absolute need a live Debian/KDE CD that is also HDD installable because that's the way to make converts.

Henry Keultjes
Mansfield Ohio USA

/Sune