Re: Kile stopped running on Etch

It ran through a lot of output. I therefore typed:

$strace kile >/home/amitf/strace_kile.log and the contents of that file is:

Link points to "/tmp/ksocket-amitf"
Link points to "/tmp/kde-amitf"

At the end of this logging, Kile finally loaded, but it took about half a minute. After that I ran it again and it loaded quickly, so I guess now it works.

Amit.

Thomas Damgaard wrote:

I installed Debian "Etch" on my computer a few weeks ago and all was
running well. One on of my logins, however, kile stopped working, i.e.
its splash screen remained on the desktop and nothing happened. I
"killed" the process and tried running it again, but without any success.

Any ideas?

Have you tried stracing it?
What is the output from strace kile?