Re: Loading Of URLs To /var/tmp [Fixed]

On Thursday 24 May 2007 18:11, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday 24 May 2007, Null Pointer wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 May 2007 15:05, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > > This usually mean that the file type association has
> > > been changed.
> > >
> > > Check control center -> KDE componentens and file type
> > > associations for the text/html type.
> > >
> > > The associated program should be "Konqueror", on top of
> > > the list and the command (Edit button) should be
> > > "kfmclient openURL %u text/html"
> > >
> > > The %u tells KDE that the program can URLs itself,
> > > otherwise it plays save and assumes it can only do local
> > > files and downloads them (to the temp directory) before
> > > passing it to the program.
> >
> > Thanks Kevin, but it still does the same thing. The
> > associated program was Opera, but it was launching Konq,
> > which was number two. I have no idea why. I moved Konq to
> > the top and made sure the command was as you said. It
> > still loads to /var/tmp and still launches Konq with the
> > same results.
>
> Opera would work as well (just make sure it has a %u or %U
> in the command)
>
> > It seems to be an interesting problem. :-(
>
> Hmm.
>
> Check
> control center -> KDE components -> component chooser
> if you have an override for web browser

OK, progress. :-)

Under Web Browser in the Component Chooser, the "in the
following browser:" radio button was checked and the variable
field had "kde-kfmclient." I checked the "in an application
based on the contents of the URL" button instead, and
everything seems to be working fine now.

I don't remember ever changing anything in this area, although
I can't say with 100% certainty that I didn't. In any case,
thanks a lot for the help, Kevin, and thanks to all who work
on KDE for the great software.

NP