kdmtheme: "Override files found"

Hi Debian KDE users,

I'm confused about KDM theming.

I installed the kdmtheme package and invoked it from the
control center.  Then, a dialog popped up, saying

  Override files found, so this theming will not have effect. Please
  see /usr/share/doc/kdm/README.Debian for more information.

In /usr/share/doc/kdm/README.Debian, I found these words:

  By default, the use of special graphical themes with KDM is
  disabled.  If you wish to use the 'Circles' theme that comes with
  the kdm package, or any other theme that you have installed, you
  should research the 'UseTheme' and 'Theme' fields in
  /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc.

First, I don't know what "research the 'UseTheme' and 'Theme'" means.

Second, I don't think it makes sense.  The KDM theming is disabled
by default.  That's fine.  But, the installing of kdmtheme should
enable the theming, without requiring the user to modify
/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc by hand, shouldn't it?

Does anybody know what's the problem?

Regards,
Ryo