Re: [KDE Bug 140952] Konsole crashes on start-up with "Konsole is unable to open a PTY"

Hi,

2007 m. February 3 d., Saturday, A Frehley rašė:
> I'd like to know whether anyone else has experienced the same problem with
> KDE 3.5.5:
>
> When I try to start a konsole by clicking on the Konsole icon in the
> taskbar, the konsole wiondow opens, immediately follwed by a popup that
> gives the message:  Konsole is unable to open a PTY (pseudo teletype). It
> is likely that this is due to an incorrect configuration of the PTY
> devices. Konsole needs to have read/write access to the PTY devices.
No. I've never had this problem.

> When I click on the popup's OK button, the konsole disappears.
>
> This happens irrespective of whether I'm logged in as a normal user or as
> root.
>
> I'm running Kanotix with kernel 2.6.18
Kanotix != Debian, especially in this case, because the problem might be
related to wrong permissions on pty device nodes (probably Kanotix specific).

--
Modestas Vainius <geromanas@mailas.com>