Re: Media notification broken (dbus, hal & kded)

Hi,

2007 m. sausis 9 d., antradienis 15:00, Padala rašė:
> Some weeks ago the KDE media notification stopped working.
Is it just notifications or you don't see removable devices in media:/ ?

> Log in as a normal user and open a console:
> # su
> # /etc/init.d/dbus restart
> Stopping Hardware abstraction layer: hald.
> Stopping system message bus: dbus.
> Starting system message bus: dbus.
> Starting Hardware abstraction layer: hald.
> # exit
> $ killall -w kded
> $ kded
Please check that dbus and hal get actually started before you login to KDE.
Try executing:

$ lshal

on virtual linux terminal (console) before starting KDE:. This might be a
dbus/hal bug. Check out http://bugs.debian.org/src:hal and
http://bugs.debian.org/src:dbus pages.

Answering to your forum message:
>When I "safely remove" my usb harddisk an error message "The device was
>successfully unmounted but could not be ejected" appears. The error message
>is absurd and in fact, this should be the normal behaviour. An even better
>way would be a possibility to choose between "eject" and "unmount". Is there
>a way to control the behaviour of the mediamanager?
Upgrade to udev 0.103-2 and you will never see "The device was >successfully
unmounted but could not be ejected" again when ejecting usb/mmc/firewire
devices (if your user is in system group floppy).