Re: kde, udev, hal and friends...

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 13:48:20 -0300, Gurvan Huiban wrote:

[...]

> However, I think it should not be so complicated to set up something that
> simple (there may be a small KDE usability issue here).

I agree and I suspect that there is indeed a better way to achieve this,
but I could not find anything about it on docs.kde.org. I made a wild
guess and tried %d in the hope that that would point to the device name,
but no such luck. I am not knowledgeable enough to dig through the
source code and find out what exactly is going on.

The behavior might simply be a symptom of KDE beginning to target users
who do not even know what "mounting" is and who just want a window to
open or a player to start when they insert media. There are other
packages to achieve automounting of USB devices, but these don't
integrate too well with KDE as far as I know.

--
Regards,
          Florian