Re: kde, udev, hal and friends...

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 10:35:17 -0300, Gurvan Huiban wrote:
> One question:
>
> > The best thing about this is that it is fully integrated into KDE: If
> > you have pmount, udev, hal and dbus installed, you can have an icon
> > appear on your desktop whenever a USB stick or a CD, DVD etc. is
> > inserted. This can be selected in the KDE control center; it is also
> > possible to configure default actions, for example to start a media
> > player if an audio CD is inserted.
>
> Actually, it works great. The only  thing that bothers me is that I don't know
> how to define my own actions? I searched, but I could not find how to do it.

If I remember correctly, you can choose from a set of standard actions
when you insert a new media type for the first time. You can change this
later and also select other programs/commands to handle a given media
type if you go to "K-Menu > Control Center > Storage Media >
Notifications > Add / Toggle as Auto Action". (You also need to activate
the three options on the "Advanced" tab for this to work.)

--
Regards,
          Florian