Re: KDE 3.5 taskbar usability issue

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 15:55:26 -0500, Larry Garfield wrote:

[...]

> And I do work task-oriented, but my tasks are not application-limited.  I'm a
> web developer, so I'll have a Kate window, Konqueror (browser) window,
> Konqueror (file manager) window, GIMP window, etc. open all at once.  I don't
> want all of the konqueror windows clustered together, especially when I'll
> have five open to different sites (the site I'm working on, references, a
> site I'm studying, etc.) and it's confusing if they're all together instead
> of nicely spaced out.
>
> I also like my "common" tasks, like KMail or Gaim, to always be on all
> desktops.  That also then puts those flush-left, always, which makes more
> grouping sense to me.

Have you ever tried the "kompose" package? It is similar to Exposé for
Mac OS X. With a keyboard shortcut (or a configurable mouse movement)
you get a graphical overview of all application windows, grouped by
desktop.  Then you can just click on the one you want. A very nice way
to switch to the right window if you are a "visual" person.

--
Regards,
          Florian