two cases of slowness

Hi, here are two cases of slowness in KDE programs.

1. Noatun:
start up takes almost 20 seconds, which is way too much for a simple music
player. My playlist contains 2000 items (if this is relevant). IMHO, the
GUI should be visible almost immediately, not after 20 secs.

2. Kate/kwrite spell check.
When I load tools/spelling, the following error is written to console:
ASSERT: "i <= nodes" in /usr/share/qt3/include/qvaluelist.h (373)
after which kate/kwrite hangs for 20 seconds.
Other KDE programs with spell check option do not suffer from this problem.

Could anyone please check if these slowness-problems are reproducible?

Thanks in advance,
Karel.