Re: spelling in kate

I found the solution:

Ispell is unable to handle utf-8 documents. As HTML is utf-8 by default I have
configured all my system utf-8. As there is no utf-8 dictionary (and I
haven't found one except for german), ispell fails. Aspell emulates utf-8,
but is not native and has still some trouble. So this is a problem upstream.

Unfortunately the bugreports concerning the issue were closed. Might be a good
item for a whishlist as I assume more and more people will take utf-8 as
their default locale.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Rigo

Am Friday 14 April 2006 18:59, sprach Robert Gomułka: