Re: starting kmail in the system tray

On Monday 27 November 2006 22:11, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 21:30:25 +0100, Chris wrote:
> > I start kmail and akregator from .kde/Autostart, for Kmail I use:
> >
> > kstart --iconify kmail &
> >
> > which starts Kmail as an icon, actually I'd like to start it minimized to
> > the system tray.  The
> >
> > --tosystray
> >
> > option of kstart does not produce the desired result.
> >
> > Is there any way to do this?
>
> If you have the systray icon activated in the KMail configuration
> (Settings > Configure KMail... > Appearance > System Tray) then you can
> run
>
> dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden on
>
> to hide the window after you start kmail. If the system tray icon is not
> activated then you need
>
> dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden off
>
> to make the window appear again.
>
> I think this is one way to achieve what you want, but I am not sure if
> it is the simplest/best one.
>
> --
> Regards,
>           Florian

Thanks!  It sort of works, I had to add a sleep command to get it to work in
my startup_local script:

kmail &
sleep 5
dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden on

If I don't wait a second it doesn't find kmail yet.  If I could get dcop to
wait for kmail to finish "starting" that would be perfect.

Chris

--
C. Hurschler