Re: Accessing USB drive via Konqueror fails

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 22:46, Modestas Vainius wrote:

> I seems to a bug in udev. Your USB drive device should be owned by
> the 'floppy' group, not 'disk'.

	Interesting. I have the same problem with my USB pendrive; the system doesn't
automount it anymore since the last hal/udev upgrade. My setup is this:

urtzi@escher:~$ ls -l /dev/sda*
brw-rw---- 1 root plugdev 8, 0 2006-11-29 14:47 /dev/sda
brw-rw---- 1 root plugdev 8, 1 2006-11-29 14:47 /dev/sda1

	I'm not sure if "plugdev" is the correct group, but the name seems right.
Could the bug be somewhere else? Under the latest Ubuntu and in the same
computer it works without problems, so maybe it is a KDE problem.

> Please provide output of the following
> command:
>
> udevinfo -a -n /dev/sda

	Er, I must have done something wrong:

urtzi@escher:~$  udevinfo -a -n /dev/sda1
attribute walk on device chain needs path(-p) specified

	My systtem is a HP-Compaq 6120 laptop running kernel 2.6.15-27-686, Kubuntu
Dapper and KDE 3.5.5.

	Cheers,

	- Urtzi -
--
Urtzi Jauregi
Fakulteta za Matematiko in Fiziko, Univerza v Ljubljani

Tel: ++386 01 540 13 53
e-mail: urtzi@fmf.uni-lj.si