Re: Accessing USB drive via Konqueror fails

Am Dienstag 28 November 2006 23:52 schrieb Modestas Vainius:

> > Well, should I file a regular bug report about this?
>
> KDE does not use pmount, it mounts removable devices via HAL or 'mount'
> if the device is listed in fstab. Now in your case the device is not
> recognized as removable and HAL refuses to mount non-removable devices,
> hence the "Permissions denied" error you get. So you have 2 options:
> either add /dev/sda to fstab or try filing a bug against udev.

Hello,

hmmm, interesting... but still there must have been a change in policy
then, cause I didn't change the drive. Its a 2.5 inch harddisk in a 2.5
inch USB casing.

I will file a bug report as this is not the behavior I as an user would
expect. The drive is definately removable.

Regards,