Re: starting kmail in the system tray

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 21:30:25 +0100, Chris wrote:
> I start kmail and akregator from .kde/Autostart, for Kmail I use:
>
> kstart --iconify kmail &
>
> which starts Kmail as an icon, actually I'd like to start it minimized to
> the system tray.  The
>
> --tosystray
>
> option of kstart does not produce the desired result.
>
> Is there any way to do this?

If you have the systray icon activated in the KMail configuration
(Settings > Configure KMail... > Appearance > System Tray) then you can
run

dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden on

to hide the window after you start kmail. If the system tray icon is not
activated then you need

dcop kmail kmail-mainwindow#1 setHidden off

to make the window appear again.

I think this is one way to achieve what you want, but I am not sure if
it is the simplest/best one.

--
Regards,
          Florian