Re: Define KDEHOME

Am Samstag 25 November 2006 18:32 schrieb Oliver Meißner-Knippschild:
> Hi folks,
>
> which is the best way / place to define $KDEHOME for all users?
> Using Debian Etch RC1.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I think its not necessary to define it at all. Its undefined here with
Debian Etch / Sid / Experimental with KDE 3.5.5.

AFAIR $KDEHOME has been phased out of KDE in KDE 4 development recently.

The command kde-config can be used to output paths of the KDE installation
and configuration files. I guess KDE applications use kde-config or at
least the same API that kde-config uses to determine those paths.

Regards,