Re: [sarge] Konqueror 3.3.2 crashes

[following up my own post again]

On Monday 13 November 2006 02:12, Nick Boyce wrote:

> Well ... it's getting worse.  Tonight I couldn't view Slashdot at all for
> several minutes.  Something on the front page was killing Konqueror as soon
> as the page started loading.
[...]
> Oh well.  Might have to switch to Firefox till Etch gets released :(

I think I have a workaround - disabling Javascript globally seems to have
solved the problem.  I also tried disabling Javascript just for the
slashdot.org domain but the crashes still happened ... which adds weight to
the thought that the cause may be related to a banner-ad, or some other
off-site content.

If this solution holds up then I'll start whitelisting domains I really need
Javascript for (which is probably the right security stance anyway).

Nick Boyce
Bristol, UK
--
Will no one rid me of this troublesome chair ?